Kodi IPTV player, used by many IPTV users, has powerful features that bring a good experience to its users. Here are your options if you want to learn how to download and install it. You’ll learn how to install Kodi on iOS, Android, and Windows, on smart TVs, and further instructions on how to activate 4K with IPTV. This article can also help if you are not familiar with Kodi.
What is Kodi?
Kodi, an IPTV player developed by the XBMC Foundation, is software that can process all of your media collections and deliver them to you. It organizes your videos and music in the most comprehensive way possible. It can be installed on any operating system. It includes user favorites in iOS, Android, and Windows.
Note: Like other players, the Kodi app does not provide any IPTV channel content. They need to work with IPTV 4K to stream IPTV content to your device.
Feature of the Kodi
- Free and open-source media player.
- Supports most video formats.
- Simple to use user interface.
- Build a music collection by genre.
- Regular software updates.
- Huge library of plugins and skins.
The price of Kodi
Kodi is a completely free, open-source media player application. It guarantees free media streaming. You can use its hub as a key source for streaming various stored media.
Kodi for Android (phone/tablet)
Since some Android devices don’t have a Google Store, we’ll discuss how to install Kodi on Android devices in two scenarios. Here are the simple installation steps:
Method 1: Install Kodi on Android using Google Play
For most Android devices, the installation process is simple:
- First, go to the Kodi page in Google Play.
- You will then need to click the Install button and agree to the terms and conditions.
- It will start downloading on your device and then wait to complete.
- When finished, you will see the Kodi application icon on your home screen.
Method 2: Install Kodi on Android without Google Play
The best way to install Kodi is through Google Play. But in the rare cases where Android devices don’t have Google Play, you can install Kodi in a process called sideloading.
Step 1: Enable from unknown sources
- Go to Settings > Apps > Special Access.
- Select to install an unknown application or install another application. This will take you to a screen where you can select Google Chrome to allow you to download and install Android APK files.
Step 2: Install Kodi APK
- Go to the Kodi download page.
- Download the corresponding Android APK file.
- Open your file browser, then navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Kodi apk.
- Select a file to open.
- Android will prompt you to confirm that you want to install the app. Click Install.
- You will see that APK has been successfully installed. From there, you can launch Kodi as you normally would with any app from the Play store.
Kodi for Firestick
Since Kodi is not available in the Amazon App Store, we had to side-load it to our devices. This side-loading process is also known as jailbreaking Firestick. The following is a simple installation tutorial.
How to Download and Install
- First, open the device, go to the Settings page, and launch the Unknown source before downloading APK.
- Second, download and install the Downloader APP on your device (if not already installed).
- After installing Downloader, start Downloader.
- Enter the Kodi APK download website in the search field.
- Wait for the file to complete downloading, then click Install.
- When the installation is complete, return to the home screen of your device, launch Kodi, and click the Continue button.
- Click Allow, wait for it to load, and then install Kodi onto your Firestick.
Kodi for iOS
Here are the simple tutorial steps for installing Kodi on iOS.
How to Download and Install
- Download iOS File (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
- Then you need to scroll down and click on the iOS device icon.
- After that, it will start getting downloaded on your device, wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
- Once it is done, you are good to go.
- This was it!
Kodi for PC Windows
Here are the simple tutorial steps for Kodi installation on PC Windows.
How to Download and Install
- Download EXE File (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- Then you need to scroll down and click on the Windows icon.
- Select your version and it will start getting downloaded on your device.
- Wait until it finishes the downloading process, then you will have the app on your store.
- Open the Kodi app and start using it.
Kodi for Smart TV(LG/Samsung)
Finally, let’s get started. Just below, you’ll find a way to install Kodi on various smart TV brands/models, so you can take a look at a concrete example.
How to Download and Install on LG Smart TVs (WebOS)?
Let’s say this clearly – there is no way to run Kodi on WebOS. For this to be possible, Kodi’s developers would need to build a separate Kodi version just for WebOS. There are many reasons why that won’t happen, as explained below.
- Building a version of Kodi for WebOS would require putting a lot of effort into a not-as-attractive option. It is true that this OS and Linux share the same basic code, but they are drastically different, which is what makes this process complex and time-consuming.
- Even though there are many LG TV models out there, not many people use WebOS on a daily basis. You can easily see how it’s better for Kodi’s developers to focus on more popular platforms.
How to Download and Install on Samsung Smart TVs?
Smart TVs made by Samsung are powered by two operating systems. These are the company’s own Tizen as well as Google’s Android TV. Only one group of these TVs is capable of running Kodi natively, so let’s take a closer look.
- If you’re using a Samsung TV powered by Tizen, you’re out of luck. There isn’t a native version of Kodi available, and it seems like Kodi’s developers aren’t interested in developing it. There was some hope back in 2015 when it was disclosed that a Kodi port for Tizen was in development, but that never led to any tangible results.
- If you have a Samsung TV powered by Android TV, you’re in luck! Kodi is available on the Play Store, from where it can be downloaded and installed. There is no need for tinkering. You simply need to launch the Play Store, search for Kodi, and hit the ‘Install’ button.
How do I activate and configure IPTV 4K on Kodi?
Start by streaming IPTV using Kodi’s official PVR IPTV simple client. We’ll start by installing the PVR plug-in. Then enter the M3U playlist, two big steps to add IPTV channels.
Step1: Install the PVR IPTV client
PVR IPTV simple client plug-in allows you to set IPTV on the device. So we need to install the plug-in.
Step 1: Open the Kodi app.
Step 2: Click Settings.
Step 3: Select the add-ons button.
Step 4: Then click “Install from Repository”
Step 5: Select “All Repositories”.
Step 6: Swipe down and select “PVR Clients”.
Step 7: Then click PVR IPTV Simple Client.
Step 8: The Addon’s dashboard will open. Select Install.
Step 9: Click “OK”.
Step 10: Wait a few minutes and you will be notified that your plug-in has been installed.
Step2: Add an M3U playlist
Follow these steps to add a playlist to a plug-in for streaming IPTV:
Step 1: On the same screen, select PVR IPTV Simple Client.
Step 2: Select the Configure button.
Step 3: Go to the general option.
Step 4: In the general TAB, scroll down and select the M3U playlist URL.
Step 5: Enter the M3U link provided by the IPTV subscriber.
Note: Kodi apps, like other players, don’t offer any IPTV channel content. They need to work with the IPTV provider to stream IPTV content to your device.
Step 6: Click “OK” to return to the main screen and restart the Kodi app.
Step 7: The PVR plug-in will start loading channels from the M3U playlist you entered. Wait for the plug-in to finish importing the channel.
For M3U channels or playlists, you need an IPTV service, when you subscribe to a premium IPTV service, you will get very stable M3U channels or playlists, and the channel quality will be guaranteed accordingly. For example, Family4kPro IPTV 4K is a premium IPTV that even offers a one-day free test opportunity.
Alternative to Kodi
iOS Alternative: IPTV Smarters Pro and iMplayer
Firestick Alternative: IPTV Smarters, GSE Smart IPTV, IPTV Extreme, XC IPTV, OTT navigator IPTV.
Windows Alternative: VLC Player, IPTV Smarters Pro
FAQs about Kodi
Is Kodi legal?
Kodi itself is perfectly legal. Even if official plug-ins are installed, the software itself is legal.
Is Kodi player free?
Kodi is free, open-source software for managing your local collections of movies, TV shows, music, and photos. You might even remember it as the old Xbox Media Center (XBMC).
What can we do with the Kodi app?
When installed, Kodi lets you leverage music, photos, movies, and TV shows stored on one device and play them on another. It also streams and records live TV, supports electronic program guides, and a smartphone app lets you use your phone as a remote control.
Kodi is one of the best apps for media junkies, and it works for multiple levels of users. If you haven’t used it yet, it’s time to do so. With the IPTV 4K service, Kodi looks very enticing, so you can watch your favorite shows and sports events on Kodi.